Baton Rouge Trial Lawyers
Rusty M. Messer
I’m an attorney at Big River Trial Attorneys. I’m committed to providing my clients with an exceptional client experience. It is important to me to listen and understand the needs of my clients so that I can help them achieve their goals in the outcomes of their cases. I have handled multiple jury trials and regularly handle cases in both state and federal courts. I am licensed in both Louisiana and Texas. I am the author of Surviving the Louisiana Criminal Justice System which was written to help people understand the various parts of a criminal case in Louisiana and how to prepare for each.
I obtained my undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University and my Juris Doctorate from Southern University Law Center. Prior to founding Big River Trial Attorneys, I worked for the law firm of McGlinchey Stafford where my clients included banks, vehicle manufacturers, and nursing homes. After leaving McGlinchey Stafford I was a partner in Koch & Messer where I represented injury victims, small corporations in litigation, and defended a group of nursing homes against medical malpractice claims. I am married with three wonderful children and when not focusing on my clients I enjoy reading, exercising, travelling, and coaching soccer.
- Louisiana (2006)
- Texas (2012)
- All Louisiana State Courts
- All Texas Federal Courts
- Eastern District of Louisiana
- Middle District of Louisiana
- Western District of Louisiana
- Southern District of Texas
- Federal Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Immigration Courts
- Louisiana State University – B.A.
- Southern University Law – J.D., cum laude
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association for the Fifth Circuit