Chemical Plant, Refinery & Oilfield Accidents
The chemical industry and other manufacturing facilities have long been a vital part of life in Louisiana. However, it is also an industry that carries a hight amount of risk for those who work in it. With complex machinery, scaffolding, dangerous chemicals, and high pressure systems, injuries are bound to happen. And when industrial injuries do happen, they can be severe often resulting in death or disability. Often times an injured worker’s claims will fall under worker’s compensation, which is a special set of laws that control what an injured worker can recover for. However, there are many times when companies work side-by-side on a project and when one company’s actions cause injury to an employee of another company, worker’s compensation may not apply.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) sets regulations and protocols for the industry and those who work in it. According to OSHA, the number one most-violated OSHA s
The ten most cited violations according to the Occupational Safety and Health Association:
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communications
- Respiratory Protection
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Electrical and Wiring Methods
- Machine Guarding
- Electrical and General Requirements
Numerous repercussions can occur as a result of violating safety regulations. While some injuries can be more severe than others, it is important to know the risks and abide by all safety codes to avoid injury or death.
Possible injuries that can occur from industrial accidents are:
- Amputated Limbs or Decapitated Limbs
- Disfigurement in various parts of the body
- Back or neck injuries, that at times may cause permanent damage
- Spinal cord injuries, which can often lead to paralysis
- Brain Injury or Damage
- Long-term impairment that can result in the inability to work and make a living wage
- Falls are the most common cause of all of the injuries stated above. However, there are three other types of accidents that occur each year, and more often than not, result in fatalities.
- Struck by an Object: this occurs as a result of flying or falling construction objects or tools or could involve being stuck by a construction worker’s vehicle.
- Electrocutions: this is caused by a lack of ground, direct contact with any power lines, misuse of cords and equipment, and missing or discontinuous path of a ground wire.
- Caught between objects: workers can get caught between objects by unsafe soil-pile placement, unsafe access to a certain area, no protective systems, and failure to inspect the safety of all areas and devices.
Call Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
Office in Baton Rouge
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAS BEEN INJURED IN AN INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT, CALL OUR OFFICE TODAY AT 866-766-2508 TO SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION.
ABOUT OUR FREE CONSULTATION
When you schedule a free consultation with one of our dedicated attorneys you will be able to discuss your claim, ask questions, and examine different legal options.
WHY CHOOSE RUSTY MESSER & ASSOCIATES
The child custody and support attorneys at Big River Trial Attorneys can assist with your child support rights and obligations, whether you are the parent expected to pay support or expecting to receive support.
If you need assistance resolving a child support matter, such as establishing, modifying, or enforcing child support, speak to our Baton Rouge child support attorneys. We can help you through all phases of your family law matter and work towards an effective solution.
At Big River Trial Attorneys, our Baton Rouge family law attorneys truly care about our clients and want you to feel that you have someone on your side. Family separation is hard. Let our team guide you every step of the way.
CONTACT A FAMILY LAW LAWYER TODAY
The law firm of Big River Trial Attorneys handles all types of personal injury claims in Louisiana. We also handle claims and cases related to immigration, felony criminal defense, and family law. Our decades of Louisiana personal injury law experience allows us to successfully represent all of our clients with a personalized hands-on approach.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident that was caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another person or entity, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an attorney at Big River Trial Attorneys today at (225) 963-9368 to schedule a free consultation.
More Practice Areas
Questions and Concerns?
Big River Trial Attorneys will be with you at all times, that’s why we recommend you to write to us in the contact form.