Louisiana Civil Code Article 103 – Judgment of divorce; other grounds
Except in the case of a covenant marriage, a divorce shall be granted on the petition of a spouse upon proof that:
(1) The spouses have been living separate and apart continuously for the requisite period of time, in accordance with Article 103.1, or more on the date the petition is filed.
(2) The other spouse has committed adultery.
(3) The other spouse has committed a felony and has been sentenced to death or imprisonment at hard labor.
(4) During the marriage, the other spouse physically or sexually abused the spouse seeking divorce or a child of one of the spouses, regardless of whether the other spouse was prosecuted for the act of abuse.
(5) After a contradictory hearing or consent decree, a protective order or an injunction was issued during the marriage against the other spouse to protect the spouse seeking the divorce or a child of one of the spouses from abuse.
Call Big River Trial Attorneys at (225) 963-9638 if you have questions about a family law case. One of our attorneys will be happy to meet with you to discuss the details of your case and explain what options you might have.
We regularly handle divorce, child custody, child support, and other family law cases in the following parishes: Ascension Parish, Assumption Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, East Feliciana Parish, Iberville Parish, Livingston Parish, Pointe Coupee Parish, St. James Parish, St. Helena Parish, West Baton Rouge Parish, West Feliciana Parish.
We regularly handle divorce, child custody, child support, and other family law cases in the following cities: Baton Rouge, Clinton, Convent, Denham Springs, Donaldsonville, Gonzales, Greensburg, Livingston, Napoleonville, New Roads, Plaquemine, Port Allen, St. Francisville.
CONTACT A FAMILY LAW LAWYER TODAY
The law firm of Big River Trial Attorneys handles all types of personal injury claims in Louisiana. We also handle claims and cases related to immigration, felony criminal defense, and family law. Our decades of Louisiana personal injury law experience allows us to successfully represent all of our clients with a personalized hands-on approach.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident that was caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another person or entity, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an attorney at Big River Trial Attorneys today at (225) 963-9368 to schedule a free consultation.
More Practice Areas
Questions and concerns?
Big River Trial Attorneys will be with you at all times, that’s why we recommend you to write to us in the contact form.